Friday, May 15, 2015

Week 31 - The Beginning of the End......

Monday May 4th

Another non-exciting day in the life of Shannen. I didn't go into my genetics lecture this morning, I was exhausted and it was just a guest lecture so I didn't feel the need to go. Went in for ornithology and then spent the rest of my day finishing off my 10 page paper for my recreation class. Nothing too exciting :) Fiona and I also took a little trip to the mall today. I bought a new pair of shorts for the summer time since the ones I've been wearing are slowly being worn down! I also took the opportunity to get my last Roxiberry Frozen Yoghurt! :O
 


Tuesday May 5th

We had a review session in rangeland ecology today. Brady went over all the stuff we've done since our last exam so that was nice. After that, we had a break and then a review session for our parks and recreation behaviour class. Libby was back but she didn't stay for very long..had a small review and then she left again :( Found out I got a 97% in the peer review for my recreation class too. Which I did NOT expect!! So naturally, I'm quite happy with that!
This evening, I called to my Missoula families house to try and help them plan out a little trip to Ireland over the summer. Very exciting stuff! :D


Wednesday May 6th

Today, I went to genetics and we got to do some behaviour and evolution stuff which is really cool! Ornithology was the same old stuff except we got cookies :P That's always nice! Haha. My whole afternoon was then spent cramming for my recreation behaviour exam. A group of us met up to do some study together, but everyone was so not bothered it didn't last for a very long time.. I headed to bed nice and early cause I have a 7am field exam tomorrow morning.


Thursday May 7th

Up bright and early this morning for my 7am field exam. Jamie drove Fiona and I to college for the last time this morning, how sweet of her :D We left shortly after 7 am for the first destination for our quiz. We saw a crap tonne of birds today so that was always fun :P I ended up only getting one wrong, and that was cause I couldn't see the little bird properly.. But oh well..Still not bad! :D



Spent the rest of my time today up until 2pm cramming in information for my recreation behaviour exam. Turned out it wasn't what everyone expected. We were told it was going to be 50:50 with Libby and Mike material. Turned out to be 90% Mike and only 10% Libby.. Not cool. Everyone was really annoyed and we had a big group congregation outside the building afterwards discussing it :P



Friday May 8th

My last ever lecture at the University of Montana was had this morning and also my last EVER 8am lecture. To say I am happy about that is an understatement! :P I went home at 9am and revised for my rangeland ecology exam today at 2pm. Brady was nice enough to allow us to move it seeing as we had 2 other exams yesterday. What a dote! It went good though! It wasn't a train wreck but it also wasn't like fantastic but I'm happy with it! :)
Fiona and I went straight home and I got to work cleaning. I scrubbed our kitchen and the main part of the bathroom cause we were having friends over this evening for a potluck get together.
Bridget brought a load of cute Hawaiian party favours including lei's and little flowery things you clip into your hair.. I don't know what they're called :/ There are specific ways to wear them, on the right side you're single/interested and on the left side you're taken/not interested. We also got a Hawaiian backdrop where we took all our pictures :P Bridget and Britney also made buns (cupcakes to the americans) with icing in the colour of the Irish flag :P Everyone brought food and the aprty started off to be great! Not gonna lie though, I'm disappointed some people didn't turn up and a lot left early but with the people that stayed around we had a fantastic time playing cards against humanity! It was such a nice way to have a last get together in our Lewis and Clark apartment before we have to leave :(

Spring Break Crew :)
Our supply of food :)

The Irish Buns :D
Saturday May 9th

I slept in until 11.30am today and it was beautiful!I spent today doing my genetics take home exam as well as some genetics study! Seeing as it's my first exam on Monday morning and I've nothing else until Wednesday I'll concentrate on this.. Nothing exciting :P

Sunday May 10th

Today was also spent studying my genetics. So much fun! Today is also American Mother's Day so I bought Shannon a bunch of flowers seeing as she is my Missoula Mom. Another non-eventful day of editing my Recreation Behaviour paper and getting my genetics study done and dusted with.


So there's my second last week in Missoula, full of studying and exams! Fun times :D Next week is real finals week and it's also time to pack up my life from this year and make a trip of a lifetime! Make sure to check back with next weeks blog. I'm going to start my roadtrip across America and it's going to be a lot of fun! :D Also, sorry for the lack of photos, I accidentally deleted them off my phone but they wern't anything overly exciting! :)

Thanks for reading guys!

- Shannen.

No comments:

Post a Comment